Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sausage, Peppers and Kale

I have never tried kale so I picked it up at the grocery store today. In my cart, I had the sausage and peppers. I decided to get creative. Do not skimp on the kale in this recipe. It will cook down to next to nothing. Enjoy!




Serves 4

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large red, yellow and/or orange peppers, sliced
1 medium red onion, sliced
pinch salt and pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 servings kielbasa or smoked sausage
1 large bunch kale, chopped (discard stems)
1 cup chicken broth
4 servings pasta (I used angel hair)
juice from half a lemon

1. Cook pasta according to directions, do not over cook and do not drain.
2. In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium high.
3. Saute peppers, onion, sausage, salt and pepper until vegetables begin to soften. About 5 minutes
4. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add kale and broth. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Uncover and cook for an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. With tongs, remove pasta from water and add to the meat and vegetables. Cook for 1 minute.
8. Add lemon juice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment